Provo Farmers Market Opening Saturday!
The Provo Farmer's Market is kicking off the season this Saturday on June 6th at Pioneer Park (600 W Center Street). Get ready for fresh produce, delicious food, and unique art and crafts!
This fantastic venue allows local small businesses a venue to provide their locally produced and handcrafted products to the community. In addition to building their business, and self- sufficiency, community members benefit from high-quality food and goods.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the first week of the market will see fewer vendors, and we ask that groups coming together remain small. The market is expected to have more vendors in the coming weeks as we implement the latest State guidelines.
New (Old) Location
The Market will be located at Pioneer Park, our traditional home, for the 2020 season, rather than Center Street. Despite the Market’s success on Center Street last year, this move is a response COVID-19 regulations, the high cost of street closures, and not wanting to have any negative impact on adjacent businesses as they also recover from the effects of COVID-19 shutdowns.
COVID-19 Response and Operations
Provo Farmers Market has worked closely with State and City leaders to prepare to operate the market in a safe, responsible, and courteous way to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
• They are taking all precautions as required by the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food.
• Please courteously bring your face mask and limit your group to two.
• Agricultural products and pre-packaged foods from State-permitted home kitchens will be at the
market this week.
• The first week will be a smaller market as we prepared for an “Orange Level” market
restrictions. “Yellow Level” guidelines have been issued and we will be working closely to increase the number of vendors within the next 1-2 weeks.
SNAP – (Food Stamp Program)
With the help of grants from the Utah Department of Agriculture, food stamp beneficiaries can exchange benefit dollars for tokens to exchange for up to $30 for agricultural products and pre-packaged food. To encourage users to buy fresh and healthy food items, the value of each token can be doubled for produce items thanks to a grant from the Utah Department of Health.
• See the Market Parking Map and Downtown Provo Parking Map for available parking. Please avoid parking in the neighborhood to the south and west of the park.
• The bus-rapid transit line UVX is five blocks away and combined with a leisurely stroll through downtown will allow visitors to not only enjoy the Market, but many of Provo’s outstanding restaurants and stores.
• Additional parking may be accommodated at the Covey Center for the Arts when city center construction crews or the Covey Center do not need it. There are also several parking structures in downtown with free Saturday parking and only a short walk to Pioneer Park. See online map here.
• Cycling and walking to the market is highly encouraged.
Vendors can apply now by visiting the market website at www.provofarmersmarket.com.