Fire Safety and Prevention Series with Captain Tanner
Our Fire Department works hard to keep us safe. Not only do they respond to emergencies of all types, they also help educate the public on what to do in the event of an emergency.
While these videos are good-natured, it's important to remember the key lessons. Listen to Captain Brian Thomas give you fire prevention tips, what to do in the event of a fire, and how to plan for the safety of you, your family, and your home.
Episode 1: 3 Fire Safety Rules
1. Make sure you have at least two ways out of your neighborhood.
2. Have an emergency preparedness kit ready to go.
3. Have a plan to gather specific items you most want to protect.
Episode 2: The 100 Foot Zone1. Keep grass below four inches tall.2. Have horizontal space between trees and shrubs.3. Have six feet of vertical space between the ground and branches of trees.
Episode 3: The 30 Foot Zone
1. Keep lawn and patio furniture out of the 30 foot zone.
2. Clean your roof and gutters.
3. Trim grass and weeds to under four inches tall.
Thanks to our amazing Fire Department, Captain Brian Tanner, and Channel 17 for the reminders. Be safe and be prepared!