• Michelle

Week in Review | April 6 - April 12




1. Avoid Playgrounds. That is the message being sent by Governor Herbert and the Coronavirus Task Force as part of their “Stay Safe, Stay Home” directive. It is also important to practice social distancing when we are outside at parks, trailheads and in doing our essential errands.

2. Mayor and Council Unified Message. In a show of unity, Mayor Kaufusi and council members shared a video message urgently asking for full compliance of Governor Herbert’s “Stay Safe, Stay Home” directive. They know it is a sacrifice, but it will make a difference and we all have to do it to stop the spread of COVID-19.

3. Donations. Donations. Donations. When the Provo Police Department put out a plea for any who owned a 3D printer to print face masks, they had no idea they would receive more than 2,000 masks. We have since been able to outfit not only all of our first responders, but police and fire departments throughout Utah County. Thank you!!

4. TestUtah.Com. Doing their part to “Crush the Curve,” Silicon Slopes and the Utah Health Department have tested nearly 70,000 individuals at their four mobile test sites, including one at the Provo Towne Center. If you have ANY of the following six symptoms, the State wants you to get tested: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches and pains, a decreased sense of taste and smell and sore throat. Visit testutah.com for more information and to take the online assessment.

5. Conversations with Kaufusi—COVID-19 Series. The videos featured this week were with Economic Development and Provo Power. These videos, as well as the rest of the series, can be found on covid19.provo.org.

6. Make Sure You Count. Only 51% have taken the 2020 Census and we want to make sure the other 49% are counted as an accurate count determines our congressional representation, federal funding and provide data that will impact communities for the next decade. Take a few minutes today to make sure you count by filling out the Census at my2020census.gov.

7. Mayor and Council Unified Message. In a show of unity, Mayor Kaufusi and council members shared a video message urgently asking for full compliance of Governor Herbert’s “Safe Safe, Stay Home” directive. They know it is a sacrifice, but it will make a difference and we all have to do it to stop the spread of COVID-19.

8. COVID-19 Informational Website. We updated our Four Step Community Safety Plan, as well as adding a real-time COVID-19 statistics map. Please visit covid19.provo.org for the latest updates.

147 views
Join My Mailing List
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
PROVO MAYOR'S OFFICE | 351 W CENTER STREET, PROVO, UT
© 2017 MAYORKAUFUSI.COM BY MICHELLE KAUFUSI